Violent crimes can happen for many reasons. It is easy to lose control in the heat of the moment and make decisions that you might regret later on. Whatever the reason, crimes like domestic abuse, assault with a deadly weapon, and criminal threats are taken very seriously, so expert legal defense is crucial. At Goldstein Legal Office, the goal is to help you avoid the serious consequences that can result from a violent offense.
- Domestic violence against spouse
- Domestic violence against family member
- Domestic violence in dating relationship
- Violation of restraining order
- Violation of protective order
- Dissuading witness
- False imprisonment
- Assault with a deadly weapon
- Misdemeanor battery
- Assault causing great bodily injury
- Assault by means likely to produce great bodily injury
- Battery causing serious bodily injury
- Public intoxication/drunk in public
- Elder abuse
- Aggravated assault
- Animal abuse
- Animal cruelty
- Drive by shooting
- Resisting arrest
- Assault on police officer
- Criminal threat
- Terrorist threat
- Attempted criminal threat
- Witness intimidation
- Attempted murder
Goldstein Legal Office’s Client success stories:
- Client was charged with misdemeanor domestic violence after he allegedly grabbed and choked his girlfriend at the airport, and had been physically violent with her on previous occasions. After extensively investigating Client’s girlfriend, Goldstein Legal Office convinced the prosecutor that she was not a credible witness. Goldstein Legal Office negotiated a plea disposition, whereby Client was convicted of only one count of misdemeanor disturbing the peace, with no jail time, and all domestic violence charges were dismissed.
- Client was investigated for assault with a deadly weapon charges after he hit a neighbor with a baseball bat. Goldstein Legal Office obtained many witness statements and met with the complaining witness. Goldstein Legal Office successfully negotiated a “civil compromise,” whereby the neighbor/complaining witness agreed not to pursue a criminal case.
- Client charged with felony assault with a deadly weapon, with an enhancement of causing great bodily injury, for hitting a security guard’s face with a beer bottle. Client faced a seven-year prison sentence. Goldstein Legal Office met with the security guard, who agreed to a “civil compromise.” In light of the “civil compromise,” the Court dismissed the “strike” charge, and allowed Client to be placed on felony probation in lieu of a prison sentence.
- Client was arrested for domestic violence after she allegedly hit and punched her husband when a verbal fight with him turned physical. Client suffered from Depression, and Goldstein Legal Office met with Client’s psychiatrist and reviewed Client’s extensive medical history. Goldstein Legal Office successfully conveyed to the prosecuting agency that a sudden change in medication in the weeks preceding the incident caused Client to be unstable and act out of character. Prosecutor agreed to dismiss all criminal charges.
- Client investigated for assault with a deadly weapon after he was involved in a serious bar fight. Goldstein Legal Office hired a private investigator to collect evidence and conduct witness interviews. Through the use of surveillance video and witness statements, Goldstein Legal Office was able to prove that Client was not the main aggressor in the fight, and no criminal charges were filed against Client.